The annual Conference of the Italian Standing Group on International Relations is a two-day session that brings together scholars, researchers and PhD students from Italian academia to discuss issues related to global politics, European Studies, foreign policy, regional dynamics and international theory. The 2016 Conference will be held for the fifth time in Trento from June 23rd to June 25th and will be organized by the Bruno Kessler Foundation‘s Research Center on International Politics and Conflict Resolution (FBK-CERPIC) and IP Lab (International Politics Laboratory) in collaboration with the School of International Studies of the University of Trento.
This year's topic will be "Exploring Foreign and Security Policy in International Relations"
The annual SGRI Conference is an opportunity for scholars throughout Italy to come together and discuss topics that are relevant to international relations.
Previous conferences have examined:
- VIII - 2015 Disentangling Subsystem Dynamics. The Search for Peace and Cooperation (Trento 2015)| Download program
- VII - 2014 Security and Cooperation in a Changing International System (Trento 2014) | Download program
- VI - 2013 Regional Orders in the XXI Century (Trento 2013) | Download program
- V - 2012 International Relations’ Theory 20 years after bipolarity (Trento 2012) | Download program
- IV - 2009 Politics, Economics and Strategy: Continuity and Change in the International System (Milan 2009)
- III - 2008 The Transformation of the International System after the End of the Cold War (Bertinoro 2008)
- II - 2007 The Lack of a Culture of Defense in Italy (Bologna 2007)
- I - 2004 Common Foreign and Security Policy and the role of the European Parliament (Parma 2004)