The 9th SGRI Conference (23rd – 25th June, 2016) on «Exploring Foreign and Security Policy in International Relations» was held for the fifth time at the Bruno Kessler Foundation in Trento. the Conference hosted seven panels (more than 30 papers presented in total), two book presentations, two roundtables and a plenary lecture on Europe in the World by Enrico Letta (Dean of the Paris School of International Affairs - Sciences Po).
1. Italian Foreign and Defense Policy at the Time of the ‘Bulldozer’
Panel Organizers: Fabrizio Coticchia (University of Genoa) and Francesco N Moro (University of Milan – Bicocca)
2. Military Transformation in East Asia
Panel Organizer: Sergio Miracola (IMT - Institute of Advanced Studies of Lucca)
3. Triangulating Relations between the European Union, Turkey and Russia
Panel Organizer: Elena Baracani (University of Bologna)
4. Questions of Supreme Importance: International Relations as a Theory of Survival
Panel Organizer: Michele Chiaruzzi (University of Bologna)
5. Hierarchy and the Periphery: a shifting inter-dependence?
Panel Organizers: Marina Calculli (The George Washington University) and Francesco Strazzari (Scuola Superiore Sant'Anna - Pisa)
6. Cutting Edge Research in International Politics
Panel Organizer: Matteo Legrenzi (Ca' Foscari University of Venice)
7. Reacting to assassination: the Executive, Congress and the political salience of targeted killing
Panel Organizer: Luca Trenta (Swansea University)